L3 Open Coast Skill Building – 2 Day
Designed for paddlers preparing for an L3 Coastal Kayaking assessment, this 2-day course will support you in rounding-out your L3 skills, ensuring they’re tight in conditions and strengthening your understanding of the coastal-paddling environment.
- Dialing-in and refining core strokes, maneuvers and rescues
- Growing in effective application of edging and support strokes
- Increasing the ability to maneuver efficiently and maintain directional control in wind, waves
- Sharpening environmental awareness and contextual decision-making
- Being safe and having fun!
Throughout the course, we’ll take advantage of the surroundings, weather and water conditions to examine selection of paddling location and route.
The course will operate in up to:
- 15 kt winds
- 1-2 ft waves
- 1-2 kts current
- 1-2 ft surf
Be prepared for 2 full days on the water! Class size is limited to 6 in order to facilitate strong paddler development within the group setting. Your instructors are Kate Dresher (ACA L3 Coastal Kayak Instructor) and Laura Zulliger (ACA L5 AOWCK Instuctor) for this course.