Packraft Soiree | South Fork American River
This is a weekend full of camping, camaraderie and of packrafting!
We are beyond STOKED to yet again offer the Packraft Soirée on our home river, the South Fork American! Choose 1, 2 or all 3 days of fun and learning with other rad packrafters.
Friday July 26, 2024 – Skills & Drills
- This clinic is a great warm up to the weekend. No matter your skill and experience level, tune in and tune up your skills with your fellow packrafters on the class 2 Coloma to Greenwood section. $189 USD
Saturday July 27, 2024 – Rescue Practice Course
- In this 1-day workshop, we’ll go over some common issues we encounter on the river when things go wrong on the river. This is a highly active class where participants will swim in whitewater, practice self-rescue, flipping, group dynamics and how to respond in an emergency situation. We’ll use scenarios and drills to give participants some practical experience.
- Please note: This is NOT a swiftwater rescue certification course. It is a practice and play day to become more comfortable in the water and with your paddling group when things don’t go as planned. $189 USD
Sunday July 28, 2024 – Whitewater II Clinic
- This 1-day clinic dive deep into technique and paddling skills, understanding hydrodynamics (aka how to read the water), decision-making, venue selection and group management. $189 USD
Sunday July 28, 2024 – Whitewater III Clinic
- Are you an experienced boater looking to step up your skills? This 1-day clinic focuses on how to play with bigger river features, surf and catch more challenging eddies with confidence. Prior approval required for this clinic. $209 USD
All prices are per person per day and subject to an 8% government use fee. Please review our cancellation policy prior to booking.